Uterine Fibroid Laparoscopic Surgery
Uterine fibroids are the non-cancerous growths that are developed in the uterine wall. It varies in size, which means some fibroids can be tiny, and some can be larger. Some patients can treat their fibroids normally with common medications rather than surgery. But for some women who have severe fibroids has to undergo advanced treatment like surgery. Dr. Shinjini Pande is one of the best Laparoscopic uterine fibroid surgeon In Mumbai.
For more details about Fibroid and to get it treated:-
Or Fill Out The Form.
If the fibroid has become large and severe, then you might have to go through surgical treatment. Here are some of the treatments that your doctor will suggest to you based on the fibroid condition.
Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery:-
These surgeries are mostly preferred by most of doctors these days, as very small incisions are made to treat the disease or health condition. However, different surgeries come under this category and they are:
- Abdominal Myomectomy
A small incision is made on the skin below the lower abdomen in this procedure. The fibroids are removed from the uterus wall through this incision and then sewed back with the stitches.
- Laparoscopic / robot-assisted Myomectomy
In this surgery, few incisions are made to remove the fibroids. Instead, the abdominal cavity is filled with carbon dioxide gas, and a thin, lightweight telescope is inserted through the incision to see the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes. Other long instruments are inserted from the other incisions to remove the fibroids. Once it is done, the gas is released, and then the incisions are sewed back.
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
This surgery is used to remove submucous fibroids from the uterine cavity. In this procedure, the fibroids are removed with the instrument called as hysteroscopic resectoscope, which is then passed to the uterine cavity through the vagina and cervical canal. Then an electrosurgical wire loop is used to remove the fibroid surgically.
- Endometrial ablation
This treatment destroys the lining of the uterus. It doesn’t shrink the fibroids but helps to decrease the heavy menstrual bleeding caused by fibroids.
- Uterine artery embolization
This procedure is carried out to treat fibroids without surgery. During this process, the blood supply to the fibroids is stopped, and this causes the fibroid to shrink.
- Laparoscopic ultrasound-guided radiofrequency fibroid ablation
In this procedure, a laparoscopic ultrasound is used to see the inner side of the uterus and check the location of the fibroids during the process. Then through small incisions, the fibroids are heated with the targeted energy, but the doctors ensure that the healthy tissues around the fibroids are not affected by the heat.
It is a major surgical procedure in which the uterus is removed completely, and sometimes even ovaries can be removed. It is considered as the permanent solution for fibroid if the other solutions don’t work.
We have a team of experts who can help you to get rid of these fibroids. You can fill the contact us form or directly call us on +918591994290 to book your appointment.
Symptoms of fibroids may vary from woman to woman. And even sometimes, few women might not notice even a single symptom. Therefore, it is advised to have a regular checkup so that it can be diagnosed at an early stage.
- Longer menstrual period
- Pain and heavy bleeding during periods
- Stomach bloating
- Pain in the lower stomach or pelvic area
- Frequent Urination
- Painful intercourse
- Reproductive issues such as infertility and miscarriages
- Lower back pain
If you have noticed any symptoms of fibroids and want to get it treated then, you can contact us on +918591994290 or fill in the contact us form.
Fibroids are categorized into 4 types:-
- Intramural: Inside the muscle wall of the uterus
- Pedunculated: Outside of the uterus on the stalk or on the inner side of the uterine cavity
- Submucosal: Below the inner side of the uterine lining
- Subserosal: Below the outside of the uterine lining
Uterine fibroids can be diagnosed by performing the below tests.
- Blood tests: Blood samples are taken to check the signs of anaemia or other health conditions.
- Ultrasound: It is done to check the inner part of the pelvic region for fibroids through imaging.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Detailed images are generated with the help of a large magnet and radio waves to show the size and location of the fibroids.
- Hysterosonography: It is also a type of ultrasound procedure in which sterile saline is injected into the uterus to expand it, making it easy for the doctors to see the fibroids that are affecting the uterine lining.
- Hysterosalpingography: In this procedure, the contrast dye is injected to highlight the uterine cavity contour and fallopian tubes in the X-rays.
- Hysteroscopy: In this test, a narrow, lightweight camera is inserted through the cervix in the uterus to check its interior walls.
- Laparoscopy: In laparoscopic procedure, the doctor makes a small incision near the navel and inserts the narrow scope to check the inner part of the pelvic area.